Fire Systems Designer
O’Neill & Brown Fire Services (ONBFS) is a locally-owned business that delivers the very best in fire safety systems to protect Canberra. We cover all aspects of fire protection, ranging from conceptual planning to detailed design, as well as fabrication, installation, commissioning and maintenance.
We are looking for an ambitious person that is going to enhance our team with their keen interest and/or knowledge in building services and their experience in AutoCAD.
O’Neill & Brown Fire Services is part of the O’Neill & Brown Group which employ more than 200 staff over three disciplines – fire, hydraulic and electrical services. We are a dynamic, industry leading Canberra based company that operates in the expanding engineering and construction industries. We specialise in the design, installation and servicing of new and existing fire safety systems in residential & commercial buildings across Canberra and surrounding areas
As a Fire Systems Designer, you will be working on a large range of projects, producing design drawings and documentation of building fire protection systems from concept through to detailed design. This will include but not be limited to hydrant, sprinkler, detection and warning systems. You will be provided with strong support and mentoring from fellow designers as well as our design manager who you will be reporting to. You will also be given the opportunity to further improve your skills and knowledge with learning and development courses external to our business.
- Production of engineering drawings for various fire protection systems
- Undertake hydraulic calculations using Hyena or similar
- Word processing and general office duties
- Collaborate with our clients, architects, consultants and authorities
- Develop a good understanding of the fire industry and Australian Standards
Prerequisites and skills:
- Tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering or similar is desirable but not essential
- A strong knowledge of drafting software and techniques
- Proficient in 2D AutoCAD with a willingness to learn other programs
- Exposure to Revit MEP is desirable but not essential
- Excel, Word, Outlook and other general computing skills
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- An enthusiastic individual looking to enhance their knowledge
- Be able to work in a team environment to achieve a common goal
- Demonstrate a positive approach to complex situations
- Good work ethic
This role is suited to those looking to begin an exciting career in the building services industry or those with experience looking for a fresh start.
If you think you are the person we are looking for and want a challenging role, career opportunity, and a great work environment then please apply online using the link below or alternatively please contact Jon Rey on (02) 6297 2022 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.